- 2 small jars (Mason or other, 6 ounce works best) from a local craft store
- 2 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 cup olive, coconut or canola oil
- 4 - 5 tablespoons lemon juice plus zest of one lemon (optional)
- Vanilla extract
- Measure sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in olive oil.
- Add lemon juice plus the zest of one lemon.
- Adding a few drops of vanilla extract to sweeten scent.
- Divide mixture between your jars.
- Add a label, some ribbon for decoration, and a small wooden spoon for an added touch.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
To use: Scoop out a generous portion and gently scrub the tops of your hands as well as your palms. Rinse and wash with a mild hand soap to remove any extra olive oil. Can be used daily.
For a lighter color, you can substitute Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar.
Giving as a present? Download these printable sugar scrub labels to personalize your gift.