- 1 pound macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup pepper jack
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 4 tablespoons basil and tomato feta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook pasta in water for 15-20 minutes. Grease a casserole dish, set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, mix and cook olive oil, cayenne pepper, and bread crumbs in a pan on medium until lightly browned; about 2 minutes. Make sure olive oil is mixed throughout. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix all cheeses together.
- In a separate bowl mix all but the topping ingredients together.
- Drain water from pasta and put pasta back into pot.
- Pour cheese into cooked pasta, stir.
- After stirring in cheese, stir the bowl of ingredients. Stir.
- Pour Mac and cheese into a casserole baking dish. Pour bread crumb topping on top.
- Cook on 350°F for 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted throughout and toasted on top.
This Sweet and Spicy Mac and Cheese recipe has been submitted by one of our Dixie Crystals friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.