5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Making your own soap is easy and fun. Glycerin melt-and-pour soap is readily available at your local craft stores and there are a wide variety of unique molds to choose from to customize the shape and size of your finished soap. Homemade soap makes a great end-of-year teacher gift and perfect gift for mom (or grandmother) for Mother’s Day.
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite aromatherapy essential oil (peppermint, lavender, vanilla, etc.)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
16 ounces of glycerin melt-and-pour soap
- Cut the melt-and-pour soap into cubes and place in a double boiler.
- Cover with lid.
- When soap is melted, remove from heat and mix in brown sugar and vitamin E oil.
- Put mixture in a glass measuring cup and stir in the essential oil.
- Pour into soap molds and let set.
Here are some ideas for how to present your homemade soap gift:
- Wrap individual bars in a decorate ribbon or raffia.
- Place inside a clear cellophane gift bag with shredded colored paper and tie with a matching ribbon.
- Create and add a custom label or tag.
- Present in an antique soap dish.
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1917. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!